2006/2016 : Judge, African Court of Human and Peoples’Rights (Arusha, Tanzania)
2012/2013 : Vice-President of the African Court of Human and Peoples’Rights.
2000/2006 : Secretary of the International Court of Justice (The Hague, Netherlands). Preparation of the rulings of the Court and follow-up of its secret deliberations; drafting of orders and notes of procedure; daily management of the files of cases; drafting of the diplomatic correspondence of procedural or judicial nature; liaison with representatives of States parties to the cases. Participation in the drafting of rulings of the Court in the following contentious cases and advisory proceedings, in particular:
- Armed Activities on the Territory of the Congo (New Application: 2002) (Democratic Republic of the Congo v. Rwanda), 2002-2006.
- Frontier Dispute (Benin/Niger), 2002-2005.
- Legal Consequences of the Construction of a Wall in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, 2003-2004.
- Avena and Other Mexican Nationals (Mexico v. United States of America), 2003-2004.
- Legality of Use of Force (Serbia and Montenegro v. United Kingdom and 9 other States), 1999-2004.
- Application for Revision of the Judgment of 11 September 1992 in the Case concerning the Land, Island and Maritime Frontier Dispute (El Salvador/Honduras: Nicaragua intervening) (El Salvador v. Honduras), 2002-2003.
- Arrest Warrant of 11 April 2000 (Democratic Republic of the Congo v. Belgium), 2000-2002.
- Sovereignty over Pulau Ligitan and Pulau Sipadan (Indonesia/Malaysia), 1998-2002.
- Land and Maritime Boundary between Cameroon and Nigeria (Cameroon v. Nigeria: Equatorial Guinea intervening), Merits,1994-2002.
- LaGrand (Germany v. United States of America), 1999-2001.
- Maritime Delimitation and Territorial Questions between Qatar and Bahrain, 1991-2001.
1997/2000 : Legal Officer, Registry of the International Court of Justice (The Hague). Research and assistance in the drafting of the rulings of the Court, in particular in the following contentious cases and advisory proceedings:
- Request for Interpretation of the Judgment of 11 June 1998 in the Case concerning the Land and Maritime Boundary between Cameroon and Nigeria (Cameroon v. Nigeria), Preliminary Objections (Nigeria v. Cameroon), 1998-1999.
- Vienna Convention on Consular Relations (Paraguay v. United States of America), 1998.
- Land and Maritime Boundary between Cameroon and Nigeria (Cameroon v. Nigeria), Preliminary Objections,1994-1998.
- Gabčíkovo-Nagymaros Project (Hungary/Slovakia),1993-1997.
- Kasikili/Sedudu Island, Botswana v. Namibia, 1996-1999.
- Fisheries Jurisdiction, Spain v. Canada, 1995-1998.
1995/1997 : Special Assistant to the President of the International Court of Justice. Assistance in the drafting of speeches to the United Nations General Assembly and Sixth Committee in particular; research and assistance in contentious cases and advisory proceedings (Legality of the Threat or Use of Nuclear Weapons, 1995-1996, and Request for an Examination of the Situation in Accordance with Paragraph 63 of the Court’s Judgment of 20 December 1974 in the Nuclear Tests (New Zealand v. France) Case, 1995).